AOFAQ LEVEL 2 AWARD IN PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF MANUAL HANDLING (QCF)
The AOFAQ Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Manual Handling qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to safely move objects in the workplace.
The course builds on the best practice guidance from the Health and Safety Executive and provides learners with the opportunity to practice safe moving principles.
The Health and Safety and Work Act 1974 and the Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require each employer to provide adequate supervision and training and as well as undertake manual handling risk assessments. This qualification will support employers to demonstrate their commitment to the legal obligations.
The qualification is ideal for new starters, existing staff and for refresher training.
Course Duration: Typically 1 day
Validity: 3 years
Manual HandlingPrices from
- Price includes
- Full documentation including a first aid book, registration, certification and after care support.
Compliance and regulatory requirements
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements:
The Health and Safety and Work Act 1974 and the Manual Handling Operation Regulations 1992 require each employer to provide adequate supervision and training and as well as undertake manual handling risk assessments. This qualification will support employers to demonstrate their commitment to the legal obligations and whilst it does not qualify learners to undertake manual handling risk assessments independently, it will provide them with the knowledge to assist the employer in completing the legal requirement of carrying out a workplace risk assessment.
Name: AOFAQ Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Manual Handling (QCF)
Qualification Type: QCF
Guided Learning Hours: 10 (this qualification requires a minimum of 6 classroom hrs.)
Where this qualification is undertaken in less than 8 hrs, additional learner instruction may be undertaken through research i.e. Internet, reading or work based activities.
Class size maximum: 12 Learners (1 Trainer)
Validity: 3 years
1. Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- 1.1 Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handing
- 1.2 Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work
- 1.3 Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work
2. Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- 2.1 Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling work
- 2.2 Outline the process for carrying out a manual handling risk assessment
- 2.3 Describe the principle of the risk control hierarchy when applied to manual handling
3. Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- 3.1 Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling
- 3.2 Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks
- 3.3 Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment
4. Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- 4.1 Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles when;
- A. Applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own
- B. When using manual handling aids and equipment
- C. When undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
To Awarded this qualification the Learner must 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the MCQ paper.